Need suggestions

TDI_2013

TDI
2013 jetta
Hi, I need some suggestions from the TDI owners here. I have Jetta TDI 2013 with almost 50k mileage. I opted in the buyback option and planning to return it by Dec 2018, a year from now. I have avoided the major 40k service (suggested by the dealer as I was planning to return it) and just went with the regular oil + filter change. I have just done the oil + filter change today for 50 k service. My question from the pros

1) will it be a good idea to drive the car for another year without having the major service done which was due at 40k? My drive is approx. little less than 1000 miles per month.

2) In today's service I found out the tires need to be replaced as well (the front ones). Any suggestion if I should go with the used tires as I don't want to spend much on this car anymore which I am planning to return in a year period.

3) My last question is for those who already did the emissions fix. What is the difference in mileage after the fix?

Thank you and I look forward for the responses.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
1. It will probably make it with no issue. No guarantees though.
2. Use what ever tires you want and are comfortable with. It is your safety at stake.
3. What difference does it make if you are turning it in? Most have reported little to no change.

15TDIreg

TDI
2015 Touareg TDI Lux and 2014 Passat TDI Sel
The major service is just an oil change, fuel filter change and a trans fluid change. It will make it but treat her well with some new lube. If trying to save a buck just take it to a non dealer.

Cant answer the tire question, thats up to you and dependent on weather you drive in and road conditions. I like tires with some rubber on them.

I have done the fix for a '14 TDI Passat and a '15 TDI Touareg. The passat drives almost the same and seems to slurp a bit more DPF fluid, thats all. Mileage is about the same maybe 1-2 mpg less. On the Touareg, not sure yet, just had it done but will report back with some mileage. At the moment it seems to drive fine. My only issue now is a deleted it and am having issues with that.

Bugsy57

TDI
Jetta
Hi, I need some suggestions from the TDI owners here. I have Jetta TDI 2013 with almost 50k mileage. I opted in the buyback option and planning to return it by Dec 2018, a year from now. I have avoided the major 40k service (suggested by the dealer as I was planning to return it) and just went with the regular oil + filter change. I have just done the oil + filter change today for 50 k service. My question from the pros

1) will it be a good idea to drive the car for another year without having the major service done which was due at 40k? My drive is approx. little less than 1000 miles per month.

2) In today's service I found out the tires need to be replaced as well (the front ones). Any suggestion if I should go with the used tires as I don't want to spend much on this car anymore which I am planning to return in a year period.

3) My last question is for those who already did the emissions fix. What is the difference in mileage after the fix?

Thank you and I look forward for the responses.
1. I'm sure the car will make it another year with no problems but if you don't keep up the maintance they will depricate the cost when you return the car.
2. As for the tires just go get some take offs that will last a year or so.
3. And for the emission fix on my 2013 Jetta tdi before the fix i was getting 38 to 42 mpg, and after the fix i got 35 to 38 not to bad cause that was 90% hwy driving and at 75 to 80 pmh. But my 2013 Jetta tdi got totaled last week good luck and drive on.

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
1. I'm sure the car will make it another year with no problems but if you don't keep up the maintance they will depricate the cost when you return the car.
2. As for the tires just go get some take offs that will last a year or so.
3. And for the emission fix on my 2013 Jetta tdi before the fix i was getting 38 to 42 mpg, and after the fix i got 35 to 38 not to bad cause that was 90% hwy driving and at 75 to 80 pmh. But my 2013 Jetta tdi got totaled last week good luck and drive on.
AFAIK, there is no language in the court order to support #1.
How could that even be determined in the real world?

edandemma

TDI
09 Jetta
#1 for peace of mind, change fluids and filters. I’m a mechanic and did my own, when turning we did the buyback, zero questions about maintenance upkeep.
#2. Choose based on your driving style and roads
#3 we did buyback, can’t comment on it. We bought a 2017 Passat and love it. With only 1,500 miles on it, we did a 3500 mile road trip and averaged 35mpg.
Good luck on your decision