Unicorn 2009 TDI Wagon? 55000km...

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
ive seen tons of cars with rolled back KM from quebec.

but i did recently pick up a 2009 CR with 109xxx km...for under 2k ... drove it home

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
ive seen tons of cars with rolled back KM from quebec.

but i did recently pick up a 2009 CR with 109xxx km...for under 2k ... drove it home
I agree this was my first thought too initially... Although it looks really clean and not very worn on the interior so that's why I think it's possible that the km are real

Strider17

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle(sold) MK4 Golf TDI(sold) Mk4 Jetta TDI(parted out) MK4 Golf GTI w/ALH swap (built then parted out) 2015 Passat TDI Highline (current)
some mk4/mk5/mk6s read the ECM odometer, some dont. Whenever i buy a new car for friends or family i always check the ECM/Cluster mileage. Ive seen dealerships roll back mileage on mk5s clusters a dozens of times too.

ECM mileage can be changed on mk5/mk6 as well...but you NEED to know what youre doing and be VERY familiar with the coding. mk4s were easier...especially mk4 clusters (1 min)

note: VERY Illegal

phantom1260

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta GL IDI, 2010 Jetta TDI (Sold)
I guess those who do this would also have to be under reporting the mileage at sticker renewal every 1 to 2 years in ontario.

Otherwise you'd only be able to roll back the mileage of a max 2 years worth of driving. (40,000 Kms?) It could still be a considerable amount but it would look strange on the report.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
some mk4/mk5/mk6s read the ECM odometer, some dont. Whenever i buy a new car for friends or family i always check the ECM/Cluster mileage. Ive seen dealerships roll back mileage on mk5s clusters a dozens of times too.

ECM mileage can be changed on mk5/mk6 as well...but you NEED to know what youre doing and be VERY familiar with the coding. mk4s were easier...especially mk4 clusters (1 min)

note: VERY Illegal
i only have expirence with mk4 since i swapped clusters years ago when i still had mine and saw that ecu mileage could easily be changed... but yes highly illegal...