2015 Sportwagen with P2452 code

Marthy

TDI
2015 GSW-6M
I've been digging for some info on this code and I can't find anything clear about it other than it is DPF related issue.

I just clock 130K miles and did the timing belt/water pump. The engine as been idling a bit lower in rpm and kind of shaky lately, still does it after the TB change. Other than that the car run great! I do about 75% highway and 25% city, so It should have clean itself with the REGEN?

I have limited experience with diesel engine, so I'm kind of leaning as I go :confused:
Trying to figure out what's going on before dropping the car to the stealership and get rape LOL.

Had the 1st VW update at 45K miles on 07/2017. Never did the 2nd one...

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
DTC / Description
P2452
"Diesel Particulate Filter Differential Pressure Sensor Circuit"

Monitor Strategy Description
Exhaust Pressure Sensor Circuit
Short to Battery voltage

Malfunction Criteria and Threshold Value
l Signal voltage > 4.9 V

Monitoring Time Length
l 480 ms

MIL Illumination
l 2 DCY

Component Diagnostic Procedure
– Check the Differential Pressure Sensor -G505-. Refer to → Chapter „Differential Pressure Sensor - G505-, Checking“/.
– Check the Exhaust Pressure Sensor 1 -G450-. Refer to → Chapter „Exhaust Pressure Sensor 1 -G450-, Checking“

Differential Pressure Sensor - G505-, Checking
General Description
Exhaust gas temperature sensors are positive temperature coefficient (PTC) sensors. They measure the temperature of the exhaust gas. The Engine Control Module -J623- uses the signals from exhaust gas temperature sensors to calculate the amount of contamination in the diesel particulate filter, also to protect the turbocharger from unacceptably high exhaust gas temperatures. The diesel particulate filter contamination status is calculated using these signals from the exhaust gas temperature sensors, together with the signals from; Exhaust Pressure Sensor 1 -G450-, Differential Pressure Sensor -G505-, Exhaust Pressure Sensor 2 -G451-, Mass Airflow Sensor -G70-, and Heated Oxygen Sensors. The signal also serves as component protection in order to protect the diesel particulate filter and turbocharger from excessively high exhaust gas temperatures.
Special tools and workshop equipment required
t Multimeter.
t Wiring Diagram.
t Scan Tool.
Test requirements
l Fuses OK.
l Battery voltage OK.
l Switch OFF all electrical and electronic accessories.
l Vehicles with Auto. Transmission, ensure Selector Lever position is in “P.”.
l Vehicles with Man. Transmission, ensure Shifter Lever position is in “N” with Parking Brake applied.
l Coolant Temperature: ≥ 80 °C.
l Observe all safety precautions: → Chapter „Safety Precautions“.
l View clean working conditions: → Chapter „Clean Working Conditions“.
l For Hybrid vehicles refer to: → Chapter „High Voltage System General Warnings“.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Test Procedure
Step
Procedure

Result / Action to Take

l PERFORM: Preliminary Check to verify the customers complaint. Refer to → Chapter „Preliminary Check“.
– Was Complaint verified?

– YES:
t GO TO: Step 2 → Anchor.
– NO:
t GATHER more information from customer about the complaint.

l IGNITION: OFF.
l DISCONNECT: Differential Pressure Sensor -G505- harness connector.
l IGNITION: ON.
l CHECK: Differential Pressure Sensor -G505- harness connector terminals 1 to 2 for voltage.
l SPECIFIED VALUE: About 5.0 V.
l IGNITION: OFF.
– Was Value obtained?

– YES:
t GO TO: Step 4 → Anchor.
– NO:
t GO TO: Step 3 → Anchor.

l REMOVE: Engine Control Module - J623-. Refer to appropriate repair manual.
l CHECK: Differential Pressure Sensor -G505- harness connector terminal 1 to the Engine Control Module - J623- harness connector T94 / 13 for resistance.
l CHECK: Differential Pressure Sensor -G505- harness connector terminal 2 to the Engine Control Module - J623- harness connector T94 / 37 for resistance.
l SPECIFIED VALUE: 0.5 Ω (± 0.3 Ω).
– Were Values obtained?

– YES:
t GO TO: Step 4 → Anchor.
– NO:
t PERFORM: Visual Inspection of wiring and component.
t CHECK: Wiring for open, high resistance, short or harness connector for damage, corrosion, loose or broken terminals.
t REPAIR: Faulty wiring or connector.
t GO TO: Step 5 → Anchor.

l REMOVE: Engine Control Module - J623-. Refer to appropriate repair manual.
l CHECK: Differential Pressure Sensor -G505- harness connector terminal 3 to the Engine Control Module - J623- harness connector T94 / 15 for resistance.
l SPECIFIED VALUE: 0.5 Ω (± 0.3 Ω).
– Was Value obtained?

– YES:
t REPLACE: Differential Pressure Sensor -G505-. Refer to appropriate repair manual.
– NO:
t PERFORM: Visual Inspection of wiring and component.
t CHECK: Wiring for open, high resistance, short or harness connector for damage, corrosion, loose or broken terminals.
t REPAIR: Faulty wiring or connector.

l Final Procedure
l Perform a road test to verify repair.
– Does the original DTC return?

– YES:
t CHECK: Engine Control Module -J623- harness connector for any damaged, pushed-out pins.
t REPAIR: As necessary.
t If all electrical connections are OK:
t REPLACE: Engine Control Module -J623-. Refer to appropriate repair manual.
t Clear the DTC’s. Refer to → Chapter „Diagnostic Mode 04 – Erase DTC Memory“.
t Repair is complete. Generate Readiness Code. Refer to → Chapter „Readiness Code“.
t Return vehicle to Customer.
– NO:
t Perform the diagnostic procedure for any DTC’s.
t If no DTC’s return, the repair is complete.
t Return vehicle to customer.

Last edited:

Diesel strong

TDI
2015 Passat
99127 miles on a 2015 Passat TDI the check engine light came on with code P2452. I when under the hood and notice 2 sensors next to each other. The scanner is telling me sensor A.

floss

TDI
VW Gulf Sportswagon
99127 miles on a 2015 Passat TDI the check engine light came on with code P2452. I when under the hood and notice 2 sensors next to each other. The scanner is telling me sensor A.
Did you find out which sensor to replace fir the p2452 code? I have the same code and am wondering the same thing? Do or did you replace both?