AdBlue line, damage, Explosion?

ally29483

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
I have a 2014 Passat TDI SE - day before Christmas Eve - Adblue error - first time seeing it - googled - filled vehicle (I was traveling, not near any dealers) - filled with Def....following reset - error went away. New Years eve - error again - drove to dealer - they replaced a sensor and took care of two recalls - that evening Adblue error again on full countdown...drove to a dealer again (closer to my hometown) and they said the previous dealer didn't replace fluid - when they fixed - drained the tank - they filled up - a day later - smoking at back of vehicle - could smell what seemed like fluid/exhaust burning.....error came back on again two days later - countdown again - but continued from previous countdown - took to dealer and told them about smoking - they opened the trunk and there was crystallization everywhere near refill area. They put vehicle on lift and you can see the pictures - not good. They said I apparently hit something?? Service manager texted me photos - Which I haven't hit anything - no speed bumps - potholes - but they say I hit something - knocked the line loose - major repairs possible and not covered under my warranty - of course. I call BS. But maybe I'm wrong? Two dealers have looked at the car and no one has mentioned this at all....https://www.flickr.com/photos/167490503@N04/shares/51vp44

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Ask them to show you the damage that leads them to believe you hit something.

There should be visible damage somewhere (front bumper, subframe, maybe even on the injector itself). Something to back up their story of impact with something else. You should know what impact damage looks like. There HAS TO BE impact damage if they are saying you hit something.

Two, ask them WHY noone has ever mentioned it before. Call them out on their BS.

What sensor was replaced before? Did it require them to get under the car? Maybe THEY screwed it up?