VW's position

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
Yeah, adaptive cruise in Seattle traffic would be wonderful. My dealer has Subaru as well as VW, and he loaned me a loaded Legacy for a couple of days. That's what sold me on adaptive cruise. Especially the stop and go version, which Subaru and VW have. I haven't driven a VW yet with adaptive cruise. Drove the new Tiguan last Saturday, but it was an SE model and didn't have it. I plan on getting my hands on an SEL when I get home from my trip (currently in DC) and spend some quality time with it.

New Mickey

The user formerly known as mickey
TDI
2015 Passat
I don't know, but I suspect that if you have a base model with collision avoidance then it MIGHT be possible to give it adaptive cruise through software. The radar is in place, right?

That's a question for a higher pay grade than mine though.

-mickey

AronS

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Sedan Premium 6 Speed Manual
So, my home state of Minnesota is apparently mandating a 20% biodiesel mixture starting May of 2018. It makes me think about taking the buyback offer, because I am concerned about how this will effect my 2014 Jetta. I love my car, but only if it remains reliable. Should I be worried?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
So, my home state of Minnesota is apparently mandating a 20% biodiesel mixture starting May of 2018.

It makes me think about taking the buyback offer, because I am concerned about how this will effect my 2014 Jetta.

I love my car, but only if it remains reliable. Should I be worried?
I personally hate BIO

Okies have to use BIO 5

But only a matter of time ~~ me thinks.

If I do go BB, and buy my 2018 Golf S auto, at least we (Okies) can still but 100 % PETRO

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
States that mandate 20% have an exemption in place. VW recommends changing the oil more frequently if you notice it rising (fuel dilution). The only issue(s) I have read about occured when a member in Austin tested his brand new (IIRC) tdi with 100%. There was fuel dilution at that level and his experiment was stopped. It is posted here somewhere.

AronS

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI Sedan Premium 6 Speed Manual
Thanks for the info...I'll check in with the dealer when I schedule my emissions fix/next oil change.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
So, my home state of Minnesota is apparently mandating a 20% biodiesel mixture starting May of 2018. It makes me think about taking the buyback offer, because I am concerned about how this will effect my 2014 Jetta. I love my car, but only if it remains reliable. Should I be worried?
Should you be worried? The quick answer, no. For MN, the 20% is only during the summer months. Fall, winter, and spring the ratio is 5%.

IL mandates a ratio of biodiesel, but it can be anywhere between 2% and 20% depending on the time of year. IL diesel pumps have a generic sticker saying 'This product contains biodiesel between 2% and 20%.' IF the station owner even bothered to upgrade them from the old ones that mentioned B11.

Trying to figure out the biodiesel ratio is about as easy as finding out the cetane number. You would have to catch the delivery guy and ask to see the numbers on his manifest, and what is required on the manifest varies state by state.

Drive more and worry less.

:)

jerryfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS sedan @295K, 99 Jetta sedan 275k,. 2015 tdi sedan, 105k
States that mandate 20% have an exemption in place. VW recommends changing the oil more frequently if you notice it rising (fuel dilution). The only issue(s) I have read about occured when a member in Austin tested his brand new (IIRC) tdi with 100%. There was fuel dilution at that level and his experiment was stopped. It is posted here somewhere.
that was a 2012 i beleive

im running my 2015 EA288 on B100 now and will report

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Your asking for trouble. Anything more than b20 in any TDI produced after 2009 is NOT recommended. A member bought a brand spanking new 2009 and ran b100 for a year in it. It wasn't pretty.