A simple question re trunk springs

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
On our 13 when I would pull the remote lever in the driver's door to open the t?trunk, the trunk would pop open and raise up. On the 15 the trunk unlocks, but doesn't raise up. The only difference I can see is the 15 has a spoiler on it and I wonder if the weight makes a difference. Is there any thing that can be done to provide stronger spring action, and, is this a warranty problem?

unixb0y

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat Comfortline 6MT Nav
On our 13 when I would pull the remote lever in the driver's door to open the t?trunk, the trunk would pop open and raise up. On the 15 the trunk unlocks, but doesn't raise up. The only difference I can see is the 15 has a spoiler on it and I wonder if the weight makes a difference. Is there any thing that can be done to provide stronger spring action, and, is this a warranty problem?
There is a spring on each side you can adjust. Dealers used to have to adjust it.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Our '15 SEL has a shock/strut, where as I tihnk our 12 SE only has springs.

jw4free

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
I find, with my '12 on hot days, the trunk seal gets 'sticky' and the trunk doesn't pop open when pulling the release on the driver's door. I get out and lift on the trunk handle, and you can hear the seal release it's grip on the trunk.