Scangauge II with UK 2012 Golf Mark 6 2.0 TDI

Manner

TDI
VW Golf 2.0 140bhp CR
Hi Guys
I'm new here. I previously drove a Toyota prius with scangauge II and after I sold it I kept the SG.
I have connected the SG to the Golf and can see the standard gauges. I have also read all the threads here for the xgauge codes which I have tried all of them and all them show nothing, just blank.
I do see numbers in the MAF gauge which is a standard gauge on the SG.

Anyone can help me on finding a way to get the codes for the exhaust and dpf to work?
Thanks
Manner
UK

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
'78 Golf Diesel (long gone); 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI w/ DSG
After each change/entry, make sure to power cycle your scangauge. Otherwise one can waste a lot of time...
The codes should work.

Manner

TDI
VW Golf 2.0 140bhp CR
The only code I managed to get to work was:
Boost in PSI:
TXD: 68 6A F1 01 0B
RXF: 04 41 85 0B 00 00
RXD: 28 08
MTH: 00 91 00 64 FF 70

Worst part is that in the settings of the SGII you can choose BOOST or MAF, so essentially the code is useless.

I have removed the SGII from the odb port after each entry and I still get nothing.

:(

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm not aware of any 68 6A code. Have you tried the codes in my signature link?

Manner

TDI
VW Golf 2.0 140bhp CR
Hi,
Yes, I have managed to get the first two working.
TIM 1F 0441051F 2810 000100010000 s seconds since engine start
BAR 33 04410533 2808 000100010000 kPa atmospheric pressure

However the following shows nothing.
CAT 3C 0441053C 2810 0001000AFFD8 ºC DPF temperature

Does the car need to have the engine running for a figure to be displayed for CAT? Normally you would see a "0" then the numbers change.

Also since I have already entered these PIDs previously they are still under their XGauge saved locations. Is there something I should do first to those previous entries? As there is no way to delete an entry, only to overwrite it.

My car has a DPF fitted.

Last edited:

Diesl

Veteran Member
TDI
Hi Manner,

there is a way to set an xgauge to inactive without overwriting everything. According to
the PDF at https://www.scangauge.com/x-gauge-tips/x-gauge-coding-manual/ , setting the first character of the TXD field to a space should do it.

I think (not sure anymore, since it's a while I used my scangauge) that a typo in any active xgauge can screw up other xgauges as well.
So I would clear all locations by putting a space, and reactivate and debug them one by one.

Re: running/not running: you can test that yourself, with the xgauges you have working. I seem to remember that the ECU values freeze when the engine is turned off and the ignition is on, and that the scangauge goes to sleep after 30 seconds. But I could be wrong.

PS: The '68 6A F1' TXD field is not for CANbus. If it works, it might mislead the scangauge to use a different protocol?

Last edited:

Manner

TDI
VW Golf 2.0 140bhp CR
Hi Diesel
I did try your recommendations and clear the first character of the TXD field, and that does take away the name of the XGauge. However creating a new XGauge and the fields after after the TXD field are populated.
I still couldn't get CAT to work...

Thanks
Manner