Anyone have a way to contact Jeff at Rocketchip?

CATDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 A5 Jetta TDI Pkg #3
Hi:

I have run into a problem with my 2005 BHW Passat with RC1 installed. Car recently failed smog due to EGR readiness. I have questions for Jeff, but no replies to calls/texts/voicemails/emails over a 4 day period.

I know he has always been busy and hasn't been the best at returning calls, but I really need to talk to him.

Anyone have a real email or phone number for Jeff? If so, please PM it to me.

Many thanks!

-Ed

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I think you've probably been calling his real phone number and emailing his real email address. There isn't some magic back door secret hand shake contact information for him that I'm aware of.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
I think you've probably been calling his real phone number and emailing his real email address. There isn't some magic back door secret hand shake contact information for him that I'm aware of.
I don't bother emailing him unless he tells me to send him logs or whatever.. I typically just text first and call if necessary

dieselpony

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL 6 speed manual Moonrock Silver
I have tried emailing on several occasions over the past 6 month. Never have received a reply. I am past customer. Really poor customer service.
Called Jeff about a retune in January and he responded quickly. Sent him my ecu and and had it back by the time we returned from 1 week vacation.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
So, did you ever get hold of Jeff or are you still trying?

Hi:

I have run into a problem with my 2005 BHW Passat with RC1 installed. Car recently failed smog due to EGR readiness. I have questions for Jeff, but no replies to calls/texts/voicemails/emails over a 4 day period.

I know he has always been busy and hasn't been the best at returning calls, but I really need to talk to him.

Anyone have a real email or phone number for Jeff? If so, please PM it to me.

Many thanks!

-Ed

CATDI

Veteran Member
TDI
So, did you ever get hold of Jeff or are you still trying?
So after many emails, phone calls and voicemails, I never received *any* communication from Jeff. Absolutely *NOTHING* over a two week period.
I finally had to get a Malone tune with dynamic EGR and proper MAF-S coding to get my car to set EGR readiness. Sure, I had to pay AGAIN for a tune, but at least I gave my business to someone who actually communicates with customers in a reasonable amount of time and actually fixes the problem.
I would encourage people to keep this in mind when considering a tune vendor.
-Ed

VincenzaV

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
That sucks CATDI-I'm glad I heard of this for my future tune. Customer Service is so important to me. I won't do business with companies I know refused to provide it. I have heard of this before on the forum with certain vendors. If you can't respond in two weeks, you shouldn't be selling anything.

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
If you don't leave a detailed email, text, or phone message - it may get delayed/lost. One man company and I am very busy tuning Mercedes, bmw,s, trucks, and Tdi,s. A lot of R&D in the works. Consider this I can tune any new Bosch controlled diesel or gas car and truck. Your problem is important sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks the management.
PS
(Sorry I fired the secretary, web designer, and marketing staff)

CATDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry Jeff. I was probably your biggest fan as I hosted you at my home years ago for a tuning fest. I had you tune all of my TDIs over the years. But after at least 20+ phone calls, 6+ texts, 4 voicemails, 5+ emails over a 1.5 week period, I think that is more than patient enough. I was running into a smog deadline that I couldn't extend.

Get someone to answer your damn phone and have them prioritize the messages for you. It really isn't that hard.

There is no doubt that you are very good (if not the best) at what you do and are genuinely one of the nicest people I have met, but good god man, you can't run a business like this. And I know I'm not the only one with this opinion.

Hoping for change for a great tuner...

-Ed

If you don't leave a detailed email, text, or phone message - it may get delayed/lost. One man company and I am very busy tuning Mercedes, bmw,s, trucks, and Tdi,s. A lot of R&D in the works. Consider this I can tune any new Bosch controlled diesel or gas car and truck. Your problem is important sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks the management.
PS
(Sorry I fired the secretary, web designer, and marketing staff)