Endless calls for TDI Extended Warranty

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have many. Now a Golf TSI.
We bought a new 2012 TDI Sportwagen in January of 2012. In December of 2013 my wife was broadsided and the car was totaled. The problem is for the last two years I keep getting letters and phone calls asking if I want and extended warranty on the car. I tell the car is totaled but the calls keep coming.

Is this happening to other TDI owners of that vintage? It is driving me crazy and I wonder when it will ever stop.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Probably not. I had a settlement for an accident some 30 years ago. The annuity from it paid off 20 years ago. I still get letters and calls from "settlement" buyers wanting to buy my annuity payments.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Use a VOIP telephone service that allows you to set up customized voicemail boxes for different incoming numbers.

Annoying numbers get to call me once. After that, the number gets added to a list that redirects them to a recording of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iYBIsLFbKo

Whether they stick around to leave a message or not, I have no idea. I don't get any kind of alert, and I never check the messages in that voicemail inbox.

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Use a VOIP telephone service that allows you to set up customized voicemail boxes for different incoming numbers.
Annoying numbers get to call me once.
I use NoMoRobo and set up call blocks but these calls have been using a different number every time. There must be many different companies selling this junk because the mailings and calls all seem to come from different sources.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Most have started just cloning numbers so blocking or what ever seems to be of little use except for regular spam calls. I have been spam called by my own number and almost blocked myself! they can come up with local numbers, from your family, shops etc.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Those companies have zero relationship with VW or any other car manufacturer. The other thing they do besides phone calls is send you warnings that your "warranty" is about to expire and you need to act now if want to continue coverage with their bogus "Warranty" which is actually an insurance policy with some pretty amazing exclusions to what is actually covered.

They are just trolling for the stupid using any means available in this new information age. If you answer a call from them, do not tell them or verify anything just hang up like you would with calls claiming to be from the IRS.

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Those companies have zero relationship with VW or any other car manufacturer.
Somehow VW TDIs are targeted by these calls. They started before the diesel scandal. I have never received a call for any of my other vehicles. Somehow these companies are seeking/getting the names, addresses, and phone numbers of VW owners. Perhaps in my state of Pennsylvania it is the state selling this information? My wife and I are both nurses and we both get simultaneous mailings for credit cards and loans which are obviously from the list of licensed nurses. I have heard the state makes a lot of money selling our information to these businesses.