MK6 JSW or Golf Varient front end swap to GTI... Easy or hard? HID, fogs, washer

neb32

TDI
12 JSW TDi
My 12 JSW had front-end damage, I want to swap to the GTI front end. I am looking at replacing the bumper cover and headlights to some used ones I have found from a GTI.
My questions are the OEM HID headlights, will they work with my OEM plug or do I need a different wiring harness? I have a vagcom so programming shouldn't be too difficult. Do I need anything else?
I wired in the fog for the standard Golf, are the fogs for the GTI a different plug?
Lastly, the GTI has headlight washers. What do I need to make this function?

Thank you in advance!

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I believe you'll need to swap the BCM and you'll need a set of wiring adapters. I a gearing up for a swap of the HID's too. I have the lights, bulbs, ballasts, and harnesses and a BCM. However, I've never found any good clean concise coding to swap the lights into a JSW. If you find good coding data please post it and I'll do the same when I get to it!

No idea about the washers.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
Kite Wagon. This is my code for OEM factory biexenons in a 2010 JSW. I think I have completed the headlight swap you are working up to.
2D380E3F982F3EC40008008140000DCC03044F08535D8560F48020040000

I set byte 19 at 4F a year ago and have never thought about it again.

I have original factory fogs, then OEM biexenon with AFS and LED city lights, rear suspension levelling sensor, AFS controller and Kufatec harness with a 5K0 937 087 T BCM retrofitted. No LED rears or rear fog.

I strongly recommend going the full factory route, highline BCM’s are, were? not hard to find cheap and the install is not difficult if you take it methodically. Don’t miss running the power to the leveling motors lol, PM me if you have questions.