No power to fuel lift pump harness

mstanfield

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
My 2012 TDI sedan lift pump is not running. I did a direct connection to the pump from a battery and lift pump ran. I'm not getting power to the harness; I checked fuse 47 and it's good with test light. Is the relay the next thing to check??

Can anybody tell me what relay is fuel lift pump, and which fuse box it is located? I've searched and searched.....

Oil Hammer is helping...appreciate that!

Idaho Johnny

TDI
2003 VW Golf TDI
Similar Problem

I have a 2003 VW Golf TDI and I seem to also have no power going to THE lift pump. What Relay do I need to replace? And what is it's location? I've found relay 409 on some internet searches, but I don't have one where it should go, and no wire that connects under the location where it would go (labeled 87F/Diesel). PLEASE HELP!

mstanfield

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
2012 tdi jetta fuel pump relay number?

Well....I was hoping not to stump you guys with this question.

Does anybody know which relay is for the lift pump? I have found several diagrams showing relay numbers, but without descriptions

Hope somebody can help

Thanks

16vjohn

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
EA288 CVCA 6MT
I guess we need the Bentley manual to be sure. If you jump the lift pump, does the car run? I have a feeling that pump might be controlled by an ECU relay.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I have a 2003 VW Golf TDI and I seem to also have no power going to THE lift pump. What Relay do I need to replace? And what is it's location? I've found relay 409 on some internet searches, but I don't have one where it should go, and no wire that connects under the location where it would go (labeled 87F/Diesel). PLEASE HELP!
Your car does not have a lift pump.

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
My 2012 TDI sedan lift pump is not running. I did a direct connection to the pump from a battery and lift pump ran. I'm not getting power to the harness; I checked fuse 47 and it's good with test light. Is the relay the next thing to check??

Can anybody tell me what relay is fuel lift pump, and which fuse box it is located? I've searched and searched.....

Oil Hammer is helping...appreciate that!
I don't remember exactly which relay it was, but it was part of my troubleshooting outlined in this thread: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/posts/148505/

I also remember it was incredibly difficult to get to, as it's under the dash and blocked by some supports. I'll post back later when I look up the relay again.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I don't remember exactly which relay it was, but it was part of my troubleshooting outlined in this thread: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/posts/148505/

I also remember it was incredibly difficult to get to, as it's under the dash and blocked by some supports. I'll post back later when I look up the relay again.

Ok, here you go. Hope it helps!