Does this evry mod look promising?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
its ancient, stone age stuff. Get a chip tune. Read the Evry mod thread and decide for yourself. its a fun mod but not if you want to have a healthy engine.

luke.weiser

TDI
1998 Jetta MK3
Evry mod

ok ,sorry but I cannot attach an image right now.
Basically, my thought was instead of installing a 0-1k ohm pent, You could just install a 500 ohm resistor and a 500 ohm pent. that way, even if the pent is turned to zero on accident, the resistor would still provide 500ohms of resistance, just enough to not damage the engine but enough to still run

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
ok ,sorry but I cannot attach an image right now.
Basically, my thought was instead of installing a 0-1k ohm pent, You could just install a 500 ohm resistor and a 500 ohm pent. that way, even if the pent is turned to zero on accident, the resistor would still provide 500ohms of resistance, just enough to not damage the engine but enough to still run
yes this has been done to death. please read the threads on this so you dont have to ask questions to answers that exist. The ones who will be answering you will have read this and its going to be in your best interest to do also. Do a search