frantz oil flitetrs

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
I saw a lot of lookers but no replies so I figured I'd chime in ....

I have never used Frantz brand but I have used Mann filters and I have had good luck with them.

I know its not about Frantz but I'm not sure where I would even get them without searching ....

I tend to buy stuff From ID parts ....

Andrew

turbodan62

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI, Rabit TDI
frantz oil filters

when i asked if anyone used the Frantz oil filter i guess people thought they were regular oil filter . No they are regeneration units Tdan:confused:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Personally I wont change oil system filter setup unless it's mandatory for a custom build. Just stick with a high pleat count filter. Porulator. Mobile one. Mann. Are all great imo worth getting. Can you provide a link to what your using or thinking of using?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Solution looking for a problem that dont exist. Get a better filter designed for the car.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Frantz filter is a bypass oil filter consisting of a roll of toilet paper that is in their unit.

Well if it is good enough for one's butt hole, then it certainly is good enough for their crankcase, right? :D

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Why buy that slimy aloe infused tp when you can make your own and filter oil at the same time?

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
I had another brand, but the toilet paper roll comparison is only appearance. I'll try to find the brand I used but it was resulting from government study to reduce maintenance costs. They used a kiln dried replaceable media in a form that looks like a small TP roll.

It worked well enough that my BEW had clean looking oil, even after a few thousand miles. The oil looked like a gasser when changed, not that jet black soot of diesel oil. The filter is actually intended to replace regular spin on filter. Kinda like replacing a Fram with a Ams Oil or K&N.

Jason

EDIT: found it - trasko oil filters

112sparky

TDI
2001 ALH VE Jetta
I have used a frantz filter on my 2001 Jetta, 1.9L ALH

I put close to 10000 miles on one in my 01 Jetta ALH, it started leaking a couple drops in the driveway from the main cylinder clamp, so I pulled it I should have opened it up and changed the media and troubleshot the leak. I liked the way the oil looked while it was on, a cleaner brown not much soot, dark like coffee. Initial set up was a pain finding a place to mount it in our spacious engine compartments.

Last edited: