My 2004 Jetta TDI Sport - Spice Red

luvgravy

TDI
2004, Jetta TDI Sport 5-speed, Spice Red w/ ESP, Side Air Curtain, Sunroof
Here it is after I got it home the day of delivery.

EDITED: May 25th, 2004...added interior and badging pictures.

VWScully

Veteran Member
TDI
looking for one :/
Oooh! I love that colour!!! and the silver trim looks nice too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

btw, I just live down the road from you (north of Ingersoll b/w Thamesford and St. Mary's /images/graemlins/smile.gif).
Join the London VW Lovers Club if you feel like having some fun with other VeeDubs /images/graemlins/smile.gif
(http://www.siegconsulting.com/LVW)

p.s. I'm new to the TDi world having just picked up my 2001 Jetta TDi today /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Matt15237

TDI
2004 GLS TDI
HEY! That's MY car! With different wheels and minus the deflector, that is.

Great car and unique color. Before yours, I didn't see a another spice red '04 Jetta anywhere and certainly not a TDI. Great choice (and yes, I'm biased!)

Matt

Kennedy

Veteran Member
They say TDI Sport... Very similar to the Wolfsburg edition badges.

WOULD SOMEONE FROM CANADA PLEASE ASK THIER DEALER THE PART NUMBER FOR THE "tdi sport" BADGES THAT GO UNDER YOUR TURN SIGNALS...

I'd gleefully pay one of you crazy hosers to aquire me a set of those badges... or at least get the PN for me.

Thanks.

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
How about a close-up of that badge? It's funny VW is including the badge. Is there anything different about the car? Or is it a gimmic to sell TDIs?

Scott

Matt15237

TDI
2004 GLS TDI
[ QUOTE ]
How about a close-up of that badge? It's funny VW is including the badge. Is there anything different about the car? Or is it a gimmic to sell TDIs?

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

good question. Maybe it's like the Bora being available in Canada but not in the States. Any ideas?

Matt

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

good question. Maybe it's like the Bora being available in Canada but not in the States. Any ideas?

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the Bora isn't available in Canada, but some of us have changed the tags on our cars from 'Jetta' to 'Bora' just because we felt the need to be different. Makes for a great conversation piece, especially when you pull into the dealership and people are shopping for Jetta's and ask what the difference is between the two cars and the salesperson hasn't got a clue! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

peter pyce

Veteran Member
Just a curiosity after reading Scott's post..... what of the "special" parts on the this "TDI Sport" actually do contribute for the sportier behavior? I mean, is it coming with let's say stiffer springs, different shocks, perhaps beefier anti-roll bar or is it just cosmetics? Thanks...

luvgravy

TDI
2004, Jetta TDI Sport 5-speed, Spice Red w/ ESP, Side Air Curtain, Sunroof
Here's the link to the VW.ca comparasin of the Canadian Jetta models Canadian Jetta Model Comparasin.

The majority of the changes ARE just cosmetic. Any substantial changes are usually just swaping for the VR6 standard items.

nois

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL
what's the second from the left button do - the one next to the driver's seat heater?

Lagin

TDI
Jetta 2004 Sport Platinum Grey
I've got the sport version now... When I test drove the two, the Sport was a little stiffer but not by much. I still say the suspension still feels quite oldmanish to me. But when maneuvering on the highway there is defiantly a lot less roll with the sport than the normal one. Not entirely like the commercial suggests by flying into a corner and coming out in one peice haha.

I chose it more for the looks… different wheels, and in my case a different leather package… Most sport models came with cloth with the sportier seats. I thought if I’m going to spend this much cash, I may as well go the extra mile and have the options now rather than wish I did later.

2004 Jetta TDI Sport

It's already been about seven months since I've purchased the car. I've racked up just over 35000km's. It still drives great.

I'd get some updated pictures of things I've done to it, but my friend lost my camera and I'm in the process of finding a new one I like.

At this point I've just upgraded the front valance to the boast the GLI sport trim, and tinted up the windows a bit... the tint makes a huge difference.

GottaTDI

TDI
2004 Jetta Sport TDI
Nice ride. I have an 04 sport tdi the seats are awesome and super comfortable. Just back from a 5700 km trip to Florida and New orleans La and back. Currently 405,000 Km and all is well. Good Luck with the awesome ride.