which brake rotors you recommend?

bruca003

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 golf GLS TDI, 2005 passat wagon tdi.
Hi guys time for a brake job. Not sure I want to go back to the dealer. Where and which brand can I get rotors today? I did a search on zimmerman and it turned out poor reviews.
Thank you. 2005 golf

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Brembo, ATE, jurid,most brands are ok. If there is a price difference ...say 30$$ vs 60$$ pay the bigger price, or you will be enduring warped rotors quickly. Also, when installing wheels, use a torque wrench. Cheaping out on brake parts is never a good idea, but, more than that, the odds of getting a full life out of a set of cheap rotors is unlikely.

bruca003

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 golf GLS TDI, 2005 passat wagon tdi.
Thanks. Im in Woodbridge. Where can I buy the rotors?

ECS Tuning

Vendor
TDI
Volkswagen
Anyone have experience with zimmerman?
Zimmerman rotor set with "Coat Z Anti-Corrosion" coating. This coating has the following advantages:

• No formation of rust at the hub and herewith improved visual appearance
  • Immediate functional capability without removal of the coating before mounting
  • German production meeting the requirements of actual Quality Management Systems
  • Well known, highest Otto-Zimmermann-Product-Quality

Shoot me a PM if you have any other questions!

Andy

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
We use the Zimmerman X-coat rotors pretty much exclusively here on VAG applications, with TRW pads, no problems.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Zimmermanns are good rotors. Some had warping problems a few years ago but I think that was a production issue, and it hasn't repeated itself. Personally I have had good luck with less expensive rotors, and almost all rotors are coated these days. My favorite right now is Sebro, as they're less expensive than Zimmermanns and seem to be similar quality. TRW pads are great, but dusty. I'm running Sebros with Akebono ceramic pads in may wagon, and am happy with them. The Akebonos don't have the initial bite that the TRWs do, but they brake well once they've warmed up a bit and make very little dust.

mecne

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Jetta TDI
Put a set of regular Coated Zimmermann's on the front of my 01 this weekend with TRW pads . Have no idea what was on it before ..
New set screws they gave me where torx .. so that was good to see. One of them busted off of course .. so added 15 mins to the job to drill and tap the old one out ..

Will need to do the backs here in a month or so from my quick look at them when I put my winters on.