2003 golf alh crank sensor replace

SoCATDI

TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS Wagon, 2003 Golf TDI, 1998 Jetta TDI sadly totaled by teen driver, 2014 Jetta SportWagen TDI
I believe the problem with my Golf is the crank sensor! Has anyone out there replaced this sensor before? If so, please give me advise on how to go about this replacement. I do not even know where the sensor is located!! yours
hoping to get her back on the road soon!!!!!

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon

SoCATDI

TDI
2005 Passat TDI GLS Wagon, 2003 Golf TDI, 1998 Jetta TDI sadly totaled by teen driver, 2014 Jetta SportWagen TDI
JETaah, Thank you so much for the information! I just installed the crank sensor and it went pretty smoothly. However, the Golf turns over nicely but does not fire! PROBLEM. Is there a reset button or something on the ecu that I need to do? Please advise. socanowintexas

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
He's guessing I would assume. Have you scanned it?

SoCATDI

TDI
Well an update is due! When I joined the two electrical connectors I guess I did not push them together well enough and on reinspection they were not seated. I pushed harder and wala(sp) ignition!!! The longest it would run in my driveway at 2000 rpms prior to today was about 9 minutes. Today I ran it for about 45 minutes the longest is has run since the problem started. I believe the problem is solved. All the symptons and the story are in prior posts. The best clue was the dry cranking and no rpms on the tack... The cutting off of the engine w/o prior warning started about a week ago. At any rate thanks to all that posted threads regarding this issue. socal is back in the saddle.

Last edited: